Sunday, January 9, 2011

Through&Through&Through

So If you have been following this what-ever-it-is, you may have noticed that there has been a change. Well, more than one I hope. Along with a name change I want to change my blogging format a little and maybe that will help me to get on here more often.
This is going to sound completely corny but I am going to start using music for inspiration from now on. Recently, in my art class we did a abstract art project inspired by our favorite songs. I loved it so much! So I thought I would try to use this technique when it comes to this as well. Hopefully it works!
This song was a free single on itunes (I believe a couple years ago) and as of last year, on of my favorite songs. If you know me in real life (which I believe you do, if you did not happened to stumble upon this random blog), you will know that I always go on about my two different ideal type of song; Firstly, a dance party song, one that you can really let loose with (my family is known to have random dance parties in our bedrooms or living rooms). The second type of song that I really love is the long car ride type song. The kind of song that makes you feel like you could listen to this song on a long country road, with corn and wheat on both sides of the highway. In your cherry-red vintage mustang convertible. (Ignore the fact that the exact same image is shown in the music video, I had this opinion before this song even existed).The latter is my favorite type of song to listen to, they are usually happy songs, just not in your face I-AM-REALLY-HAPPY-RIGHT-NOW type song, just the type that you can subtly bob your head to. (When I listen to this music on the subway, it usually puts a cheesy smile on my face, usually freaking out the other passengers).
Through & Through & Through by Joel Plaskett is exactly that type of song for me. Hopefully, with this name as inspiration, I can give that same feel to this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment